If your landlord or agent submits a charge against you at the end of your tenancy, you will receive an email notification complete with the charge details.
Once a charge has been submitted, tenants must respond within 10 days, otherwise the charge will be deemed as accepted.
If you would like to accept the charge and proceed with payment, simply follow these steps:
- Log in into your flatfair dashboard
- Open your current membership
- Review the charge(s) and click Accept
- Once accepted, you have five days to complete the payment using a card of your choice
- After all charges have been fully resolved and paid, the membership will be closed.
(note: all tenants will be charged equally for all charges. e.g. if there are 4 tenants in the household and you accept a charge for £200 professional cleaning, each tenant will be charged £50)
Remember: Acting fairly and in good faith when it comes to negotiating charges and paying promptly for any established charges will improve your flatscore. It'll also increase your chances of enjoying mates' rates when you rent your next property with flatfair.