When you have multiple tenants in a tenancy and either you have a change of tenant or a tenant has left the property mid-tenancy, it is essential that you keep the flatfair plan up to date with the tenants residing in the property. This must be done using the platform.
It’s very important that any new or remaining tenants are eligible for flatfair and can meet affordability for the whole property. If this isn’t the case, the plan could be negatively impacted if there are charges submitted at the end of the tenancy.
Here’s how to update the tenants in the property:
- Log in to your flatfair account here https://app.flatfair.co.uk/accounts/login/
- Navigate to the specific plan you wish to change
- Select the outgoing tenant/s
- Enter the email address of the incoming tenant/s
- Upload a copy of the amended Tenancy Agreement and the incoming tenant/s reference reports along with any referencing condition documents e.g. proof of address and finish the process.
- Our team will then ensure everything is in place and will reach out to you should we require any further clarification.
The incoming tenant will only be required to pay a proportion of the flatfair membership fee for the property. For example, if they are joining one tenant they will pay 50% of the membership fee and if they are joining three tenants they will pay 25% of the membership fee.
Once the incoming tenant has paid, the outgoing tenant will be automatically removed from the plan and replaced with the incoming tenant. This process must be completed to ensure the property remains protected. Once the departing tenant is removed from the plan they will no longer be liable should the plan result in any end of tenancy charges. Please be aware that the departing tenant will not be eligible for a refund of their flatfair membership, as the membership fee is a one-off fee utilised instead of a traditional deposit.