When you have multiple tenants in a tenancy and either you have a change of tenant or a tenant has left the property mid-tenancy, it is essential that you keep the flatfair plan up to date with the tenants residing in the property. This must be done using the platform.
It’s very important that any new or remaining tenants are eligible for flatfair and can meet affordability for the whole property. If this isn’t the case, the plan could be negatively impacted if there are charges submitted at the end of the tenancy.
Here’s how to remove a tenant from an active flatfair plan:
- Log in to your flatfair account here https://app.flatfair.co.uk/accounts/login/
- Navigate to the specific plan you wish to update
- In the 'Tenants' section of the plan, click the 'Remove' button beside the tenant who is leaving to confirm you want to remove them
- Upload a copy of the amended Tenancy Agreement via the Documents tab at the top of the page
- Our team will then ensure everything is in place and will reach out to you should we require any further clarification.
Any tenants removed from an active plan will no longer be liable should the plan result in any end of tenancy charges. Please be aware that the departing tenant will not be eligible for a refund of their flatfair membership, as the membership fee is a one-off fee utilised instead of a traditional deposit.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org