You must submit end of tenancy charges against your tenants within 28 days following the tenancy end date or the date that the tenants vacated the property.
To submit a charge for an existing plan, follow the steps below:
- Log in into your flatfair dashboard
- Select the relevant property
- Click Close and then select Submit charges
- Enter the tenancy termination date and whether the tenancy was subject to eviction
- Fill out updated contact details for the tenants
- Upload a signed copy of the tenancy agreement, check-in and check-out reports
- Enter payee account details where paid charges will be transferred to
- Add any charges for unpaid rent
- Add charges for anything owed under the tenancy agreement
- Select a charge category, description, the desired amount and upload supporting evidence (the more details you provide, the stronger your case)
- Click Add charge
- Repeat steps 9-11 for each new charge by clicking ‘Add another charge’ and click ‘Confirm’ once all charges have been added
- Add any insurance details (such as Rent and Legal protection)
- Once you are satisfied that all charges have been created in full, click Save and then Submit charges.
Important! You can only send your end of tenancy charges once so make sure all information is entered correctly and that no charges have been forgotten. After you've submitted the end of tenancy charges, your tenants will receive an email letting them know. They can then choose to accept and pay, send a counter charge or raise a dispute.