The letting agent or landlord may submit proposed charges at the end of a tenancy if they believe the tenants are liable to cover any cost for damages or unpaid rent.
At the end of the tenancy:
- If there are charges for a tenancy you are guaranteeing, they'll be submitted directly through flatfair, and the tenant will have 10 days to interact with us
- Tenants receive an email notification of these, along with any supporting evidence and you will also be kept up to date via email
- They can accept, counter or dispute the charges (Please note: They won't have to pay anything until all charges have been agreed)
- If the tenants do not respond to the platform notifications within the designated initial 10 days, flatfair will review the case and confirm the next steps with all parties
- Once a charge is accepted, tenants will have 5 days to complete the payment using a card of their choice
- Once the charges are resolved, the membership is closed
Important! Failing to pay for any established and lawful charges may result in additional fees being applied. Legal action will also be considered against joint and several parties, which may impact your credit rating and ability to access financial products in the future.