*During COVID-19 Period please refer to our temporary criteria*
Although we leave private tenant referencing to you and/or your agent, they have to pass our minimum referencing criteria to be eligible for flatfair membership.
These are as follows:
- The tenant holds the right to rent in the UK
- The tenant has annual earnings that amount to no less than 30 x their share of the monthly rent amount at the accommodation (e.g. if their monthly rent amount is £800, their annual earnings must be no less than £24,000)
- Has good credit (e.g. no CCJ's, bankruptcies or IVA's)
- Can provide a previous landlord's reference stating that they paid their rent on time (if applicable)
- Passes agency referencing criteria (if applicable)
If they don't fulfil the above criteria, and only if indicated by yourself or your agent as sufficient qualification, they may:
- pre-pay the first 3 months’ rent of the rental period on or before the commencement date and thereafter pre-pay rent on a 3-monthly basis
- produce a guarantor with an annual salary of at least 32 x their share of the total rent amount at the accommodation or
- produce a guarantor provided by a company who has been incorporated for a minimum of 3 years and meet the affordability criteria against the tenant guarantor’s credit limit
The above is applicable for private tenants only. To check the flatfair referencing criteria for company lets, please click at the link below:
Please note in light of the impact of COVID-19 flatfair reserves the right to refuse membership for those tenancies which it potentially deems high risk on a case by case basis.