When it comes to the end of the tenancy, please make sure that you login to flatfair to let us know the date the tenants will vacate the property. This is essential as it will trigger the end of your Boost subscription payments, so you won’t be charged any further. After this, you’ll need to go through the process of negotiating the deposit charges outside of the platform as normal, until you’ve reached a final resolution with the tenants. This could be via mutual agreement, independent adjudication or legal settlement.
Once you’ve resolved the deposit deductions, simply log back into the flatfair platform and notify us of the date that the deposit was released to launch your deposit Boost submission process. Please remember that once the deposit has been released, you have 28 days to submit any further charges against your deposit Boost protection.
Don't worry – we’ll send you reminders.
During charge submission please make sure that you provide:
- The total charge amounts prior to any deposit deductions
- The deposit registration certificate
- The deposit release certificate (this could also be a bank screenshot showing that the deposit has been released)
- The adjudication report if applicable
- Any evidence to substantiate the charges such as invoices, receipts, photographs
- Any court orders, judgments, eviction notices, possession notices
flatfair will then automatically calculate the maximum protection that you could be eligible for.
This following hierarchy is applied to calculating any charge payments under the deposit Boost protection:
- The deposit is first allocated to any unpaid if applicable, as these take priority.
- The platform will then calculate the remaining amount of dilapidation and damage protection for the value of up to six weeks’ rent.
If you have a rent and legal protection policy, this structure may be slightly different. Check out our article on how Boost works alongside insurance products.
Once the charges are agreed flatfair will notify you of your options which may include flatfair offering to purchase your debt for the value of up to six weeks of rent. Once we have received a signed offer letter we will process the end of tenancy charge payment within one working day.