Letting agents or landlords managing their own properties need to report any missed rent payments during the tenancy using our unpaid rent section in the online platform. Missed rent payments must be reported to us within 14 days of the first missed payment under our terms and conditions.
Please be aware this should only be used whilst the tenants are still in the property. If they have vacated the property, you will need to submit any outstanding arrears by closing the plan. For more information, click here.
You have two options when reporting unpaid rent to flatfair:
When you’ve chosen the right option you’ll need to click on the ‘Get started’ button at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Reporting multiple flatfair tenancies with unpaid rent:
- You’ll need to upload either an image, pdf, word, excel, or CSV file, in any legible format, cataloguing multiple plans that have unpaid rent. Make sure that each tenancy in the document is identifiable by their plan ID or property address.
- To add the documentation to the platform simply select the ‘Add document’ button and select the relevant file on your computer. You are able to repeat this process as many times as necessary.
- Once you are satisfied with the documentation uploaded, please select the ‘Submit unpaid rent’ button to continue.
- Reporting an individual flatfair tenancy with unpaid rent:
- You’ll need to enter the property address or plan ID in the search bar and click the ‘Search’ button.
- Once you can see the correct flatfair property, you can select the ‘Report’ button.
- You’ll then be redirected to fill out a form providing additional information about the relevant flatfair plan.
- Once you’ve finished the form and uploaded an optional rent schedule, you’ll be able to click the ‘Submit unpaid rent’ button to continue.
Once you’ve successfully reported the unpaid rent via the flatfair dashboard, you'll be redirected to the exit page which will generate the following message: ‘Your unpaid rent report was successfully submitted’.
If you want to report another flatfair property that has unpaid rent payments, simply click the ‘Submit another application’ button in the bottom right-hand corner.
Please remember to let us know if anything changes regarding any submissions, or if a new tenancy has any missed rent payments.
If you have any questions please get in touch using our webchat service through our website or email email@example.com, you can also notify us of any unpaid rent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.